The Telemarketer's Revenge

I was innocently minding my own business surfing the internet and reading dearest Genevieve's blog when I heard the shrill ringing of the phone in the next room. Not wanting to make the poor caller wait, I ran as fast as I could through...very dense air(?) to get to the phone that was screaming for attention. I picked up the receiver, wondering who might be calling.
"Hello" No answer. Just an echo of my own words
"Hello?" Silence .
"Hello?!"
"hello, this is Sheila and I'd like to offer you seven nights in..." The voice trailed off and turned into a low murmur which was impossible to understand. A pause. Clearly the speaker was expecting an answer.
"Sorry but I'm not interested" A moment's hesitation then the unmistakable beeping of an ended call.
WHAT THE HELL?! A TELEMARKETER HUNG UP ON ME?! What is the world coming to? WE'RE usually the people doing the hanging up! SHe didnt even TRY to convince me. First sign of uncertainty and they're gone! IT'S REVENGE I TELL YOU!!

Comments

Popular Posts