Unhelpful Phrases

There ar so many phrases in the English language that are MEANT to be insightful or helpful in some way, but when you really think about it, They mean nothing ! that or the 'advice' they give is just..lame ? For example:
  1. It will always be in the last place you look. well DUH! Thanks for that. I mean, if you hadn't told me that, I would have kept looking. BUt you know, now that I know that the last place I look is where I'll find what im looking for, I know to stop looking after I find it. Get it? Seriously, of course you'll find it in the last place you look. It's not like you're going to keep looking after you find it right ?
  2. Expect the unexpected. Umm...how can I expect the unexpected? It's called the 'unexpected' for a reason. Because you DONT expect it. Once you start expecting it, then it's no longer the UNexpected. SO you can never expect the unexpected.
  3. ___ is just around the corner. I checked and it wasnt. YOU LIED TO ME :(
  4. Good things come to those who wait. Yes, as much as I love the peacefulness (?) of this phrase, it doesnt help. I doubt that people who sit around doing absolutely nothing will get good stuff cause they didnt work for it and therefore probably dont deserve it. But hten again, thats a generalisation and you probably shouldn't take my word for it...which none of oyu probably will anyway.

Yeah...I ran out of ideas. On that note, I bid you farewell

Comments

Popular Posts