The Joys of a Child's Mind


I miss the freedom of being a kid. Back when it was acceptable to cry for no particular reason, when yo could run into your parents room in the middle of the night after a bad dream (like last time I was so freaked out D:) and when teachers paid so much attention to you and gave you the time to catch up not "Independent learning !!" I was thinking about it earlier today and being a kid was so damn simple. I miss it :/ You hardly even had to think for yourself. That's such a negative thing to say but as if we haven't all thought at one point in our lives 'I can't take this anymore, I want out" or something along the lines of that...
See, one of the things that I loved about being young, was that practically everything you did was acceptable and was brushed off as "oh she's just young, she'll learn in time" What if I don't want to learn?! What if I just want to stay a kid and have all my decisions made for me. What I wear, what I eat, what I do, where I am. Yeah, it's great that I can pick it out all now, but sometimes, that simple freedom builds up to too much stress. That sounds so dramatic O_O but you know, before, we didn't need to think about what the food we ate was bad for us, that was our parents job, as long as it tasted good, we'd go for it. We didn't need to think if what we were wearing would impress 'that person', as long as it wasn't too ridiculous, we were fine. And as long as what we were doing and where we were wasn't excruciatingly boring, we'd sit still when told to and find something to occupy ourselves with.
It was so easy to be happy as a kid. It took very little to amuse me. Still does but when I was a kid, I wouldn't get the weird looks :P Now, I'm not saying I'm depressed, quite the opposite actually. I'm very happy with my life and why shouldnt I be? I'm just saying, Being a kid was so much simpler and I miss hearing the pages turn in the hands of my kindy teacher or the librarian. I didn't particularly enjoy those reading sessions cause they read too slowly with too many pauses for effect :P But you know, it was fun now that I think abot it. Nice mellow sessions :) And if someone told you to draw something, you would do it and not worry about every little detail beign perfet. It looked fine to you so that MUST be right, right? Such self confidence kids have, it's a good break from the stress of teenagerness. LOL im kidding. it isn't that bad. But you get what I mean right? The simplicity of being a child. I miss it. Don't you ?

Comments

Popular Posts