Words From A Wise Woman

all in all. trust yourself. the choices you make for yourself, are the
best ones. good luck in your subject selections, guys!

-Wendy's blog (click here)


Wow. I know that this quote is referring to subject selections and all, but I think it makes decision making in general a whole lot easier. Well to me anyway. I mean, lately there have been so many choices I've had to make concerning so many different things and, to be honest, it's gotten overwhelming and I have no idea what I'm meant to do. I've been asking other people what I should do because I have this perception/belief that everyone else knows better than me. That everyone else's word is worth more and undermines mine completely and so, like the naive person I am, I've listened to them and not quite liked the outcome. Now I'm not saying that the people I've asked have had ridiculous thoughts but they're not mine. Nor should they apply to me.
I have this... insecurity (so to speak). One that makes me think that saying what I want or think will attract weird looks or disagreements that I can't retaliate to. And so, I just don't say anything and rely on other people's opinions to make up my mind cause they know what they're talking about so I should listen. It's a bad attitude and I know I might be taking this quote a bit.. seriously and applying it to something it wasn't intended for but I think it has actually done more than just help me trust my own decisions in terms of subject selection. Wendy, that is one damn inspirational quote. You have unknowingly helped me make a very big decision that could alter my life greatly so thankyou for that :) And yes, I will take all "you creepy person"s now. Drop a comment yeah ? ;D

Comments

Popular Posts