This is (archi)Bull!


Ah see what I did there? See what I did ? ;D Yeah that's right. Laugh out of pity >=] So anyway, today was the archibull prize presentation. There were 7 students (Anna Tran, Karen, Koshila, Kyleen, Mariel, Mitchell and Monica), Mrs Coombes and Mr Norris. Four categories. One Major Prize. $1500. We won it all (H) Yeah a lot of us felt pretty bad cause we weren't even meant to be in it because it was meant to start off as a local thing....
When we first got there, we set up the cows and when we were done, we were all hungry so we went exploring ! Rouse Hill shopping centre is amazing. It's not like all indoors and one so.id building it's like blocks of walking streets of shoppingness.... Yeah Mrs Coombes laughed when I said that. MY WORDS DON'T MAKE SENSE OK? =( So yes, we (finally) found the food court and ate happily enjoying ourselves when Mrs Coombes called me and said we had to get there asap because there was like/.. ten minutes until the award ceremony. So we full bolted, Mariel still with her chocolate crepes in her hand and everyone still full from eating.
So after much running, jumping and fighting our way over difficult obstacles (no exaggeration there I promise ;P) we get there and we ended up standing around for like half an hour doing nothing. Mr Norris had arrived by then and he gave me the video camera to use :D I just went around filming all the other videos and people. Interviews and whatnot. At first I tried making it look like a legit video but I sucked too much so I gave up :P
The awards ceremony started at 11ish and I tried filming the whole thing with a steady hand but it went for like half an hour and my hand kept shaking and wah D: I got most of it though. After the ceremony, we took photos with the sponsors and whatnot then had lunch. There were people passing trays of canapes and I felt so important :P I don't know why, but canapes intrigue me. I like them :P They're like bite sized meals ! :O Wew ere sitting under our umbrella near our cows, eating lunch when we saw a few people staring at our cow. They looked at it and Mitchell and I went over to talk to them about it. That was until we heard one guy say this
"See that one -points to another school- look like a lot more effort went into it than this one."

Mitchell and I just looked at each other and walked away laughing. Of course, once we reported it to Mrs Coombes and the rest of the group, their response? "Tell that to our trophy cow" lol I love Mrs Coombes :P After we ate, we went exploring again and bought books from borders and went off on our merry way.
We paraded around the school with the trophies and the giant novelty checks. I've always wanted to hold one of them :P Mitchell only realised today that you couldn't actually cash the giant cheque in. Nice one :P


Comments

Popular Posts