Years later and she is still haunted by that day


'Whether you come back by page or by the big

screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome

you home'

-J.K Rowling


Earlier today, my sister was on tumblr and she was like "Some people are getting a bit too emotional over Harry Potter ending". WELL EXCUSE ME FOR BEING SAD ABOUT MY CHILD HOOD ENDING! Yeah, I just stared her down. I was actually thinking about writing a reminiscent post about Harry Potter but Holly beat me to it :P In a few days, the very last movie will be out and it sucks that I won't be able to watch it cause I have work. But everything that's been said about it being the end of an era but the story lives on etcetc it's true. I probably don't have much to add to it and I could write for ages about Harry Potter and how much I love it but that would either bore you or become awfully repetitive. 
I think I speak for many when I say that after the final movie, it's like.. what now? There's no more of the series to wait for. And while Pottermore sounds promising, I don't think it could replace the books. Oh my gosh I am getting mushy over a book. Yeah, that's how much I like the Harry Potter series. Got a problem? >.> I was always into fantasy and magic and stuff so when Harry Potter came it was like... phwoar mind blown :P Watching the Harry Potter movies with my family became a tradition and, after the first one, my sister and I would walk around cursing each other. Eventually, the movies became a sister thing until it dwindled down to just me and our grade because my sister flew away and my other sister isn't as into it anymore.
Point is, maybe my sister's right and I am getting too emotional over a book and I'm being silly by dedicating a blog post to it but honestly, the Harry Potter series has meant, means and will mean so much to so many people that I'm beginning to think it's more than just a book. I mean come on, it has 11 year old kids sitting by their window waiting for an owl with an envelope tied to its leg sealed with the Hogwarts Crest. 
Maybe it's an overstatement when I say many of us grew up with Harry and from the age of 7 to now, many of us have followed the story, witnessing it mature as we developed minds and opinions of our own.
Maybe I'm overreacting to the release of the final movie seeing as the final book was published long ago. But this movie officially marks the end of the Harry Potter era (so to speak...).
Maybe I'm just talking the series up when I say it's something that will never be forgotten. But really, Daniel Radcliffe had it right when he said the stories we love never really leave us. Joanne Kathleen Rowling has created something so spectacularly wonderful, it's left millions of people speechless and waiting for the bittersweet moment that comes with the final credits of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Comments

Popular Posts